The Wellness Inventory is the perfect program to bring a wellness dimension into your fitness center, to aid in client retention, and in creating new profit centers via wellness coaching. For fitness trainers, the program can help you create or expand your existing business, act as a marketing tool for gaining new clients, and facilitate a one-on-one coaching experience.
From the client engagement perspective, the program acts as the entry point for your client into their personalized wellness program, and continues to guide your client throughout the year on their wellness journey. Your health club becomes the client's year-round "wellness solution".
The Wellness Inventory is a pioneering "whole person" assessment and life-balance program designed to help your clients to gain personal insight into their state of physical, emotional, and spirtual wellness. The program offers guidance and tools to transform this new awareness into lasting changes in your client's lives, and a renewed sense of health and wellbeing.
"The Wellness Inventory system is an essential tool for assessing and monitoring your client's progress and making the coaching experience fun and interactive. It works well for clients that you see in-person, and those you coach at a distance. In addition, it provides opportunity for an additional revenue stream for coaching and trainers from various specialties."
Dr. John Spencer Ellis
CEO, Spencer Institute for Life Coaching and
NESTA - National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association
Enhance Your Relationship to Your Members or Clients:
- Client assesses their current level of mind-body-spirit wellness.
- Client gains increased understanding of themselves as a whole human being.
- Assessment helps client determine the areas of their life they want to improve.
- Client creates a personalized Wellness Plan which can be used to help design their utilization of your fitness programs for maximum benefit based on their specific goals & needs.
- Program directs clients to specific fitness center products and services to assist in creating balance in their life.
- Permission-based email reminders help motivate clients to follow their wellness plan.
- Ongoing branded client contact via Wellness Inventory program builds customer loyalty and goodwill.
Overall Benefits for Your Health Club
- Broadens image of your facility to encompass both a wellness center and fitness center.
- Helps your clients improve their health and wellbeing.
- Provides direct feedback on what services clients want and need through customized client demographics.
- Provides access to individual client test results and Wellness Plan to help design a personalized wellness experience to facilitate a client's goals.
- Provides framework for personalized wellness coaching sessions with clients.
- Helps direct your clients to increased utilization of fitness programs, products & services.
- Creates year-round client exposure to revenue-generating products.
- Provides online client demographic database and communication tools for maintaining ongoing client contact and loyalty.
- Enhances client committment to your fitness center.
Potential Revenue Streams
Whether you use the Wellness Inventory as a key part of your guest engagement strategy or as the centerpiece or organizing principle your fitness center's wellness program, it can create a range of new revenue centers for your business.
- Wellness Inventory Fees: You can offer the Wellness Inventory as a fee for service program or offer it as complimentary member service to enable you to create custom programs for your clients and drive targeted utilization of services, classes and product sales.
- Wellness Coaching Fees: Wellness coaches can be hired to work with your clients onsite as well as by telephone coaching.
- Fitness Programs & Services: Increased client utilization of fitness programs and services via the personal Wellness Plan and Wellness Resource Centers. The Resource Centers can be customized with your own services, classes, and products.
- Product Sales: Increased Product Sales in the Wellness Resource Centers(WRC). The WRC acts as a second online store for your fitness center.
- Whole Person Wellness Evaluation: 30-60 minute evaluation of your client's assessment results with the aim of helping them create their wellness action plan as well as targeted utilization of your services, classes and products to support their goals.
Reporting, Communication and Coaching Tools
The Wellness Inventory also provides a suite of tools to empower a staff member or wellness coach in working with your members or clients. You will have access to reporting, coaching and marketing tools to facilitate one-on-one coaching, follow up, and to strengthen the coach-client or trainer-client relationship. The suite of tools also has a Help Desk Feature to explain how each tool works.
Background of the Program - Teaching People to Be Well
The Wellness Inventory is based on the pioneering work of John W. Travis, MD, MPH, recognized as a founder of the wellness movement. Dr. Travis was a
protégé of Dr. Lewis Robbins, creator of the Health Risk Appraisal, while a resident at John's Hopkins and working with the US Public Health Service.
In the early 1970s influenced by the pioneering work of Abraham Maslow and his concept of self-actualization, and other early leaders in the human potential
movement, he decided to dedicate his life to "teaching people to be well" rather than treating patients.
He opened the first wellness center in the US in 1975) and created the first wellness assessment (Wellness Inventory) as the intake for the center. The work
at his wellness center was based on a forerunner of the coaching model, in which the client was the expert in his/her own life and had a co-creative relationship with
the center's wellness facilitators. Dr. Travis authored the classic Wellness Workbook (Celestial Arts, 1981, 2004, 3rd Ed) which has been used by wellness
and health promotion educators in universities for 25 years.
WHAT THE EXPERTS ARE SAYING....
"A foundational tool for wellness development."
Stanford Research Institute
Author of Spas and the Global Wellness Market
"An invaluable program for health professionals, clinics and hospitals, the Wellness Inventory is a powerful tool for 21st century integrative medicine."
Larry Dossey, MD
Author, Healing Beyond the Body, and Healing Words
Executive Editor, Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing
"This tool should be part of every coach's tool box."
Patrick Williams, PhD, MCC
Master Certified Coach
Founder, Institute for Life Coach Training
"I highly recommend this program."
James S. Gordon, MD
Founder and Director of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine
Author of Manifesto for a New Medicine
"A great time-tested tool to help people see where they are in life and where they want to go.”
Martin Rossman, MD
Author, The Worry Solution
Director, Collaborative Medicine Center
Co-founder, The Academy for Guided Imagery
"The Wellness Inventory pushes beyond health risk appraisals to the wellness dimension of the illness-wellness continuum. This self-assessment tool offers new insights into what makes life worth living.....The Wellness Inventory puts the health back into health care."
Kent W. Peterson, MD, FACPM
CEO, Occupational Health Strategies
Former director, American College of Preventive Medicine
Former Corporate manager, preventive & environmental medicine, IBM worldwide
"The Wellness Inventory is a refreshing approach after years of "strictly by the numbers" HRAs that tell you how old you ought to be or why you are not already dead. Intuitive in its approach, the Wellness Inventory results seem to have a knack for describing the strengths and weaknesses of the participant in a way that is both informative and educational. The Wellness Inventory provides a valuable tool for better living."
William Thar, MD, MPH
VP of Research and Analysis
Franklin Health, Inc.
"The Wellness Inventory is the fundamental component to our hospital's 7-Step Health and Wellness program. Dr. John Travis’ 12 key dimensions of wellness create a holistic foundation from which our clients not only explore the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual issues of life, but more importantly discover ways in which to become responsible for their own health."
Patricia A. Duryea, Ph.D.
"As one of the first people to computerize the Health Risk Appraisal, Dr. Travis saw its limitations early on and developed the Wellness Inventory to extend into the all important quality of life issues. For over 40 years, he has continued to keep it at the forefront of wellness."
Kenneth R. Pelletier, PhD, MD(hc)
President, American Health Association
Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of Maryland School of Medicine
and University of Arizona School of Medicine
For more information on licensing contact:
HealthWorld Online, Inc.
CREATING WELLNESS WEBINAR
Join us for a FREE webinar about the Wellness
Inventory experience! For employers and
wellness professionals. We also cover our
acclaimed Certification Training.
University program based on the Wellness Inventory receives American College Health Association award for innovation in student Wellness.
"a foundational wellness tool"
Stanford Research Institute
What is the new vision?
Iceberg Model of Health
Wellness Energy System
April 5 – July 5, 2017 – Wed (7-9 ET)
Sept. 12 –Dec. 12, 2017 - Tue (7-9 ET)
Sept. 13 –Dec. 13, 2017 - Wed (1-3 ET)
Become a Certified Wellness Inventory Coach or Facilitator.
Learn to effectively use the Wellness Inventory whole person assessment
and life balance program with clients, patients, employees, and students.
Learn our unique wellness coaching skill-set for supporting continual improvement.
Approved transition program for national certification of health and wellness coaches.